Five medicinal plants to grow at home
Representative image. News18
The use of plants for medicinal purposes has become extremely common now. India is known for its rich tradition of herbal medicines which are also very relevant in the modern era. Medicinal plants can be grown easily at home, especially if you already have a vertical garden where you grow your favorite vegetables, fruits, and herbs. As with all medicinal herbs, it should be borne in mind that these do not replace the treatment that one is already following and should always be consumed after consulting a doctor. Each medicinal plant is recognized for its benefits and targets a different health problem. Let’s take a look at some of these plants below:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe is widely used for different cosmetic purposes. The gel extracted from aloe vera is used for the treatment of sunburns, minor cuts and other skin conditions. It even helps treat bacterial infections as well as muscle spasms, sprains, and sports injuries. Aloe vera is also thought to help prevent scarring after surgery.
- Pepper mint: One thing to keep in mind about planting peppermint is that it can overgrow and spread throughout your garden. You can, however, use a jar to limit its spread. Peppermint is very beneficial for stomach problems and can even act as a remedy for motion sickness. You can make herbal tea with peppermint.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass is a tropical perennial medicinal plant known for its health benefits. It helps the body fight respiratory problems like laryngitis and sore throats. You can also add it to your tea as a detoxifying agent.
- Tulsi: It is one of the most popular cooking ingredients. Tulsi is an adaptogen that provides energy. It helps us adapt during times of stress and even regulates our stress response.
- Lavender: Lavender is a very beautiful plant that grows both indoors and outdoors. It produces pretty flowers with a pleasant fragrance. It helps improve mood disorders, boost sleep, and may even have a positive impact on your skin health. Lavender is used as an aromatherapy agent and helps fight anxiety, depression and fatigue.
Read all Recent news, New trends, Cricket News, bollywood news,
India News and Entertainment News here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.